Getting a Refund for Your Parking Ticket

The NYC Department of Finance’s system automatically issues refunds when you overpay for your parking tickets. Keep in mind, however, that if you owe more tickets than you are currently paying, the extra funds will be applied to your account’s debt. If you do not owe any additional tickets, the Department of Finance will mail a check to address that the City has on file in about 30 days. It’s important to note that your address is not automatically updated when you move. Instead, you need to do so manually through the DMV. If you need to update your address, you can do it online here.

If you are not the registered owner, this form must be submitted in order to claim the refund.
You can find the refund form online here. You can use this form for any payment that was not made in person. If you made a payment at a business center, the instructions are as follows:

…please fax a copy of the payment receipt to the attention of the Refunds Unit – Parking Refunds at
212-232-1891. If you made the payment using a credit or debit card, you must include:

  • Payment Receipt or Confirmation Number, and
  • Daytime Phone Number

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *